Filed under "Alerts"
More articles »
National Disability Voter Registration WeekTuesday, July 18, 2017
National Disability Voter Registration Week is July 17-21.
As a part of this important week, ID Action wants to visit YOUR community to register voters with disabilities and talk with them about recent changes in Iowa’s voting laws.
We will schedule these one-hour events throughout the month of July. If July does not work for you, please reach out to us and we will assist in planning an event at a later date. Please contact us at email@example.com or call 866-432-2846.
The REV UP campaign sponsors National Disability Voter Registration Week each year to increase the political power of people with disabilities and increase voter recognition of individuals with disabilities.
Additional ways you can get involved:
- Be active on social media. The REV UP Campaign has compiled some sample social media posts that you can pair with REV UP logos and graphics.
- Write letters to the editor or Op-Eds and engage local radio or TV stations on the growing efforts by the disability community to become an influential voice in electoral politics this November and beyond.
- Utilize your mail, email, and social media networks to provide information on voter registration and relevant disability issues in your area while also encouraging people to commit to vote on Election Day. View sample social media posts here.
- Include REV UP and voter registration tables at upcoming events (especially any events around the 26th anniversary of the ADA).
- Connect with other disability rights and voting rights organizations in your area.
- Make your organization a polling place (Resources: How To Serve As A Polling Site and ADA Polling Place Checklist).
- Go to your Governor, Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, State Representative, etc. to get the week of July 17-21, 2017 officially declared as National Disability Voter Registration Week (a draft Proclamation is available here). This is a great way to develop a relationship with you local and state government. Please send any Proclamations you get to ID Action at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can show the influence of REV UP!
Check out more ways you can get involved in this week's National Disability Voter Registration Week!
ID Action Voter Resources
Click here to see all of ID Action's vote resources.